How can CBD Benefit Your Health?
There has been a great deal of publicity lately regarding the health benefits of cannabidiol, commonly abbreviated as CBD. Below are some of the uses and benefits that some people have experienced.
- Improved quality of sleep (Click here to read more)
- Reduced Anxiety (Click here to read more.)
- Pain Relief (Click here to read more.)
- Antidepressant (Click here to read more.)
- Reduces inflammation (Click here to read more.)
- Neuroprotectant (Click here to read more.)
- Natural substitute for some pet medications (Click here to read more.)
- Can reduce seizures
- Promotes bone growth and health
- Helps with the symptoms of IBD (Click here to read more.)
- Reduces Nausea
- Various Skin Conditions (Click here to read more.)
Where Does CBD Come From?
CBD, short for Cannabidiol, is the most prominent of over 60 compounds found in the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant is usually classified as either hemp or marijuana. The main difference between these two classifications is the amount of THC in the plant. Usually a hemp plant has less than .3% THC. What is THC?
How Does CBD Affect Your Body?
CBD has many health benefits without causing a psychological high like THC. The way CBD works is that it activates cannabinoid receptors that are part of the endocannabinoid system that is located throughout our bodies. The endocannabinoid system is involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, pain cessation, and memory. You can find more information on the endocannabinoid system here.